I get lost in the Insta-hole pretty often, so I thought I’d start sharing the Insta-jams I’ve been stalking. I’ll just get right to it.
1. @thejungalow: Brought to you by L.A. based designer Justina Blakeney who is author of a cool book The New Bohemians. Every photo is a dream space of mine. Lots of color, and most of all, lots of foliage for every kind of space you’ll want to be in.
2. @inspiredtotaste: This girl is whipping up some really fun food art that is mostly inspired by fashion. I especially love her cookie versions of her favorite Oscar looks and cookies of women’s flats of which half I wish i actually owned in my closet. I’d be fine with eating them.
3. @stevemccurryofficial: Remember the 1984 “Afghan Girl” photo that appeared in National Geographic? Look- I don’t exactly remember it when it came out because it was the year I was born but it’s such an iconic photo that it should have been imprinted in your DNA at some point before adulthood. Well, this is his work. And it’s amazing. He’s fortunate enough to capture parts of the world and the real life and goings-on that most of us will never have the chance to see and post it to his Insta. Or someone in his camp does. Anyway, I’m just grateful for it. Do not miss this one and definitely do not be so a.d.d. that you do not read the captions; they explain it all.
4. @lucialitman: Did you know that Rose Quartz and Serenity are Pantone’s “Colors Of The Year”? Neither did I! I love her color matches of all sorts of objects, especially food of course, to Pantone swatches. She’s also got a sweet sense of humor and has some catchy play-on-words with avocados you’ll love.
5. @mysticmamma: If you’re into all things astrology like me, then you will love Mystic Mamma. She dives deep into what every new moon, retrograde, etc., means and the artwork on her page is top top-notch.
6. @tastyyummies: YUUUUMMMMM. This page makes me hungry for all the right stuff and if I’m not mistaken she currently resides in Long Beach, so I’m biased on that last front. She’s also all gluten-free like myself, so it gives me some good inspiration at home.
7. @groehrs: Has a banana peel every looked so good? If I could make a peel fit this well as a jumper, you would see me at the next party in this. You can find her prints for sale at gretchenroehrs.com.
That’s all I have for now. I could’ve taken up a mile long of blog space here with all of the pages I love but I’ll space them out so that we can all keep our day jobs. Don’t act like you don’t do it.